Monday, April 13, 2009

Letter 1: Existentialism On Prom Night

Have you ever listened to Straylight Run's first CD, Existentialism on Prom Night? Because you probably should. Not too much, but you should definitely give it a spin or two. I know you're a go-out-and-do-stuff kinda girl, but my advice: Go to blockbuster and fill a bag up with all those movies you've always meant to watch. Get some takeout, order pizzas and home delivery grocery shop for a week or so. Order some Saul Williams books off of Amazon. Give yourself some time. You just had a breakup. It's supposed to hurt for awhile. I think I'm going to write a screenplay about how you reach that point in life where no matter the successes you've had, you've still got disappointments, and those tend to weigh heavier, way heavier. Which is a depressing idea. Being a depressing idea, it probably won't get sold. Which is even more depressing. And futile. Then again, I'm sending a myspace message to lindsay lohan, who I'm more than sure doesn't take the time to go through her myspace messages. Nothing personal, but you've probably got a lot going on. I'm the king of futile. Now, go rent Brian De Palma's "Sisters".

1 comment:

  1. This blog may have people wondering if you're on something. On the contrary, I think you're onto something.

    ReplyDelete